How To Navigate Your Life During COVID-19
It’s not all about the grind and hustle. It’s also about gratitude along the journey. Being able to take care of the things that help you become successful like your health, wellness, your loved ones, and your support system, and be grateful for them. In this episode, How to Navigate Your Life During COVID-19, host Danny Stone shares actionable steps that you can implement into your life right now to manage through these difficult times.
It takes both grind and gratitude to achieve and live the life of your dreams.
We’ll take off this first episode by talking about how to get through these challenging times. We feel a lot of emotions at the moment – overwhelmed, uncertain, stressed, fearful, etc.
Let me share with you some tips on how to get back on track in a time where we’re disconnected and out of synch. I have 7 things for you that could help in being productive and manage the stress and anxiety.
Here is a look at this episode:
- [5:25] You are not alone. Many people are feeling this way. It’s important to know that people are feeling this way all over the world.
- [6:30] We know that this is gonna pass.
- [7:18 ] I thought this COVID thing would work for me, it would be okay because I’m used to working from home. What I realized after a couple of weeks, it was challenging for me.
- [7:39] A lot of people are feeling stuck. They don’t know how to get out of the box.
- [8:05] What are the things that we can do to get our mindset back?… How do we get back to that routine?
- [8:57] We need to do things that get us on productivity mode and to create a routine in our lives.
- [9:53] You have to turn off the news. You can’t sit and watch the news all day long.
- [10:42] Make a list of all the positive things that have happened as a result of being on quarantine.
- [13:14] A morning routine and a morning ritual are not the same things.
- [13:30] A morning routine is what you have to do to start your day. You have to get up, shower, brush your teeth, you have to eat something.
- [13:45] A morning ritual are the things that you do that you look forward to doing that is going to create peace, calm, and focus in your life.
- [14:20] We all need that morning ritual.
- [14:27] A lot of us maybe never had that before. So this is the time to really sit and think about what you enjoy doing. The things that create more peace and calm in your life.
- [14:36] Start your day putting yourself first. Taking care of your mind, your body, your spirit.
- [14:49] You’ll notice that you’re more focused on the things that are more important to you.
- [15:17] I always recommend to at least follow 4 M’s.
- [15:27] When you wake up, think about what you’re grateful for. Every day you wake up, try to come up with new things you’re grateful for.
- [17:07] There are so many forms of meditation. Just find a quiet place in your house, sit comfortably, close your eyes, take 5 or 6 deep breaths and focus on what you’re trying to create in your life, what you want to happen for that day, what are your intentions for the week.
- [19:13] A mantra or affirmation is just a powerful phrase or statement or words that you really try to embody.
- [19:50 ] We are what we say we are.
- [22:51] The fourth M of the morning ritual that I recommend to people all the time is Movement.
- [24:42] It’s very difficult for many of us because we don’t know what we should be doing every day.
- [24:59] What are the things you can do to create some type of routine?
- [25:49] It’s important to get a routine so that when this is over we’re further ahead and not further behind
- [26:04] Are you spending quality time with the people you’re quarantined with?
- [26:57] It’s important for you to be honest with yourself and honest with other people and let them know how you’re feeling during this difficult time.
- [27:03] Keep going with our goals.
- [29:38] Commit to implementing some of the things we’ve talked about today and see how it helps you move through this difficult time.
Listen, Subscribe and Review on Apple Podcast
Click HERE, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with 5 stars and select “Write a Review” and click “send”
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Danny Stone Website
- Danny Stone Facebook
- Danny Stone Instagram
- Danny Stone Twitter
- Danny Stone LinkedIn